|REPORTS TO:||Financial Controller|
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To efficiently measure and manage the transactions received from the company by its customers.
- Issue receipts to customers on receipts on payments.
- Reconciling payments to ensure the accounting system reflects the correct transactions i.e., General ledger reconciliations, account reconciliations such as bank, inventory control, clearing, and billings.
- Help the business reconcile transactions across the general ledger and sub-ledgers together with other key accounts.
- Performing daily financial transactions such as verifying, calculating, and posting accounts receivable data.
- Supporting the month-end process and generating month-end reports.
- Collation of Bank Statements.
- Assist team with the monthly financial review of management reports including journal posting, responding to queries and analysis.
- Provide appropriate documentation to the Reconciliation Manager promptly.
- Assist in the development of budgets and financial plans for the company.
- Preparing annual audit schedules, compliance reports, and other reports.
- Daily Call Over.
- File monthly reconciliation statements
EDUCATIONAL & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION
- BSc. Accounting/Finance/Economics.
- Professional certifications such as ACA, ACCA, and CIA would be an added advantage.
EXPERIENCE (examples/guidelines as stated below)
- 3-4 years experience in Accounting
COMPETENCIES REQUIREMENTS (examples/guidelines as stated below)
- Demonstrated competencies in reconciling accounting figures and financial records.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- General accounting principles.
- Knowledge of fund accounting principles.
- Proactive, Bank Reconciliation, Detail Oriented, Collaboration, Reconciling, Account Reconciliation, Accuracy, Analysis.
- Strong analytical skills with a high level of attention.
- Financial Accounting and Analysis.
- Proficient use of Accounting software (Infoware, Sage300, Cloud Integra)
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office.