|DEPARTMENT:||Risk & Internal Control|
|REPORTS TO:||Head Risk & Internal Control|
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the review and update of internal financial expenditure control regulations.
- Suggesting updates and improvements for internal control.
- Assists in ensuring company-wide compliance with established financial controls and ensures that violations are thoroughly investigated.
- Assists in the supervision of departmental audit inspection.
- Evaluate the adequacy of manual and automated business and financial controls and make any necessary revisions or additions.
- Ensure compliance with relevant policies, procedures and regulations.
- Identify internal control gaps and deficiencies.
- Follow-up on remediation plans, examination and audit recommendations to ensure timely implementation.
- Provide support for and liaise with external consultants, advisers, regulators, and internal or external auditors during audits, business reviews and examinations.
- Participate in strategic data analysis, research, and modelling for management.
- Assist in the development of budgets and financial plans for the company.
- Preparing annual audit schedules, compliance reports, and other reports.
EDUCATIONAL & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION
- BSc. Accounting/Finance/Business Administration or any finance-related discipline.
- Professional certifications such as ACA, ACCA, and CIA would be an added advantage.
EXPERIENCE (examples/guidelines as stated below)
- 3-4 years in Internal Control
COMPETENCIES REQUIREMENTS (examples/guidelines as stated below)
- Demonstrated competencies and knowledge in Internal control systems.
- Cost Management Accounting.
- Strong analytical skills with a high level of attention.
- Experience in dealing with internal and external finance personnel.
- Financial Accounting and Analysis.
- Proficient use of Accounting software (Infoware, Sage300, Cloud Integra)
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office.