|REPORTS TO:||Group Chief Financial Officer|
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implementing and maintaining internal financial control and procedures
- Suggesting updates and improvements for accounting systems.
- Ensuring that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported in a
- Implementation of financial reporting systems to comply with government
regulations and legislation.
- Analyze monthly financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, and
statement of cash flows) for critical decision-making.
- Participate in strategic data analysis, research, and modelling for management.
- Ensuring that all financial reporting requirements are met, including tax filings and
regulatory compliance (SEC, NSE, Tax etc.)
- Assist in the development of budgets and financial plans for the company.
- Perform periodic account and bank reconciliation.
- Providing sound financial assistance and information to management to make
important business decisions.
- Identifying exceptions and variances affecting accounting records and communicating
same to management and assisting in their resolution.
- Ensuring proper accounting treatment of all transactions and compliance with
applicable laws and regulations (IFRS).
- Preparing annual audit schedules, compliance reports, annual financial statements,
and other reports.
- Oversee finance and fund accounting
EDUCATIONAL & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION
- B.Sc. Accounting/Finance/Economics
- Professional certifications such as ACA, ACCA, and CFA should be added
EXPERIENCE (examples/ guidelines as stated below)
- 5-7 years experience in accounting
- Ideal candidate should have at least 3-4 years in Financial Services
COMPETENCIES REQUIREMENTS (examples/ guidelines as stated below)
- Demonstrated competencies and knowledge in Financial Reporting, Management
Reporting, financial modelling, Taxation.
- Strong understanding of IFRS
- Experience in dealing with internal and external auditors.
- Strong Analytical skills
- Proficient use of accounting software (Infoware, Sage300, Cloud Integra)
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office