- The Nigerian equities Bourse close the day on a high compared to previous day index as both NSE ASI and market capitalization increased by 2.12% respectively, as they both closed at 32,466.27 points and N11,882.70tr respectively. Year-to-Date ASI is at a negative of 15.15%.
- Volume, Value of trades and No of trades all decreased by 31.26%, 37.19% and 6.06% to N212.509M, 3,765.46 and 3,211 respectively.
- REGALINS topped the gainers’ table with percentage price change of 10.00%, while STANBIC led the losers’ chart with percentage change of 10.00%
- Market breadth was NEGATIVE with Fifteen (15) gainers against Thirty (30) price losers.
Money and Fixed Income Market
- The OBB and OVN rate closed at 4.33% and 4.92%, as system liquidity was boosted by the day’s inflow, which set its liquidity level to around N488bn
- The bond market witnessed some demand on the short end of the curve as well as sell off along the medium to long end of the curve. While yield declined by around 3bps.
- The T-bills market auction recorded a below expected performance that triggered some selloff on medium to long tenured maturities, however trading activities remained sallow as market players expect a further OMO auction by the CBN, that will mop up c.N382bn in OMO maturities.
UK, EU close to Brexit deal on financial services: UK official-Read More: