- The Nigerian equities Bourse close the day on a high compared to previous day index as both NSE ASI and market capitalization increased by 0.43% and 0.44% respectively, as they both closed at 32,545.06 points and N11,881.46tr respectively. Year-to-Date ASI is at a negative of 14.95%.
- Volume and No of trades both decreased by 8.27% and 4.58% to N349.455M and 3,128 while Value of trades increased by 57.26% to 3,668.41 respectively.
- TOTAL topped the gainers’ table with percentage price change of 8.20%, while BETAGLAS led the losers’ chart with percentage change of 10.00%
- Market breadth was FLAT with Nineteen (19) gainers against Nineteen (19) price losers.
Money and Fixed Income Market
- The OBB and OVN rate closed at 11.50% and 11.93%, as system liquidity was boosted by the day’s inflow, which set its liquidity level to around N180bn
- The Bond market was relatively bearish in today’s trading activities, however some buy interest was recorded on the medium to long tenured bond. While yield for the market inched higher by about 7bps.
- CBN sold around N186bn OMO bills to compress inflows from maturing OMO, which was about N372bn, while the T-bills Market remained bearish at the end of market activities today, as yield inched higher by about 25bps.
Oil settles higher as stock markets gain, Saudi signals intervention. Read More :