- The Nigerian equities market recovered from its previous day lost position as both NSE ASI and market capitalization increased by 0.70% respectively, as they both closed at 32,664.63points and N11,925.11tr respectively. Year-to-Date ASI is at a negative of 14.64%.
- Volume of trades and No of trades both decreased by 22.89% and 13.75% to N173.626M and 2,565, while Value of trades increased by 2.76% to N3,760Bn respectively.
- LAWUNION topped the gainers’ table with percentage price change of 6.38%, while VITAFORM led the losers’ chart with percentage change of 10.00%
- Market breadth was NEGATIVE with Thirteen (13) gainers against Twenty Two (22) price losers.
Money and Fixed Income Market
- The OBB and OVN rate closed at 13.33% and 14.58%, as system liquidity remain slightly robust.
- The bond market activities remained relatively inactive, while yield spread squeeze through maturities scale, as market anticipate rate hike in OMO auction. Market yield inched higher on long maturities, while short end of the curve witnessed a rate decline.
- The T-bills market closed its activity on a bearish note, as yield inch higher, at about 20bps. Bills of longer maturity recorded significant selloff in anticipation of higher OMO auction clearing rate.
Fed indicates it’s staying the course on rate hikes despite growing criticism from Trump- Read More