- The Nigerian equities market recorded an increase on all its indicator as both NSE ASI and market capitalization increased by 0.95% respectively, as they both closed at 32,722.18points and N11,946.21tr respectively. Year-to-Date ASI is at a negative of 14.28%.
- Volume, Value of trades and No of trades all increased by 624.26%, 452.77% and 19.61% to N662.021M, N5,312.Bn and 3,025 respectively.
- Unilever topped the gainers’ table with percentage price change of 5.58%, while BETAGLASS led the losers’ chart with percentage change of 10.00%
- Market breadth was NEGATIVE with Sixteen (16) gainers against Twenty Three (23) price losers.
Money and Fixed Income Market
- The OBB and OVN rate closed at 24.14% and 26.50%, given unchanged liquidity level which is around N50b.
- The Bond market witnessed a relatively buys orders on the 2028s maturity, while yield compressed by about 1bps.
- The T-bills Market was relatively bearish at today’s trading activities, as yield inched higher by about 15bps given the expected Primary Market Auction. Whereas significant demand was recorded on short tenured bills in anticipation of the clearing Rates at tomorrow’s PMA.
UK inflation drops more than expected in Sept, pulled down by food prices. Read More: